Want to submit a tutorial to ProgTuts? Unfortunately we can’t pay anyone for their tutorials (yet) but we encourage you to remember to support the community and help your fellow programmers!
What to Write About?
We are looking for extensive tutorials using the following languages:
We prefer more complete, practical and extensive tutorials. For example “How to build a simple Joomla template” would be better than a tutorial on “Add Categories to your Joomla Template”. All tutorials submitted will be reviewed but please understand that not all will be published. So write good!
You must also fulfill the following criteria:
- You must send in your FINISHED tutorial.
- Your tutorial must be your original work and not copied from elsewhere. Any tutorials that are deemed to be plagiarized will not be published/taken down.
- You will need to format your tutorial as per the format described below.
- Your tutorial may be edited prior to publishing.
How to Format your Tutorial
Tutorials should be formatted in a series of steps. Each step should have either an image or code snippet involved:
- Code Snippet: Wrap the code snippet in <pre class=”language”></pre> tags, where language can be any valid Geshi language.
- Image: Please ensure that any images you use are less than 500px wide.
Refer to previously published tutorials and see how they are formatted. This should give you a good idea of what we expect.
Source Code & Files
All tutorials must come with a zipped file including all source code and any runnable/executable files. If it is a larger complex tutorial or there are certain instructions for running/editing the files then please include a readme.txt file in your zip folder. Please keep your zip folder neat and tidy.
Send contributions to email@example.com